Since you are reading this, you are most likely looking to hire a marketing agency. High-five! No matter if you are underwater with work or needing expert help for a product launch, your business is about to embark on an exciting time of growth. That is something to be proud of!
With all the excitement also comes fear. You probably want answers to a very important question: How do I choose the right agency that will give my company the best ROI?
We have no doubt you’ll be able to find the best agency for your needs, but before you make a choice you need to ask the right questions. Here are the key questions to ask when hiring a marketing agency:
- Who will be directly working on my account?
- This is a great way to find out the transparency level of the agency and learn more about the person, or team of people, who will be working on your account.
- How will I be communicated with and how often?
- You don’t want to be left in the dark, but you don’t want your email box to be spammed either. Ask exactly what the communication plan will be – weekly calls, monthly reports, random emails? This is an important part of creating a productive relationship that should be established early on.
- Do I pay extra for meetings and client communications?
- Speaking of communication clarity, make sure you know exactly what you will be paying for, so you don’t get a surprise bill.
- What type of metrics do you focus on?
- This seems obvious but you need to watch out for agencies that will only give you “feel-good” metrics. Make sure all metrics are specifically serving your goals and impacting your revenue.
- Can you show me a few client case studies in my industry?
- The best way to predict the quality of work an agency can do for you is by checking out their previous projects. Curious about what we do at ParkerWhite? It’s all here.
- How would an employee describe your company culture and perspective?
- Hiring an agency is starting a (hopefully) long-term relationship. With any type of relationship, it helps if you get along and both bring a similar mindset to the table!
- What is the missing piece(s) of my current marketing plan?
- Since you are hiring an agency to get marketing expertise and ideas, this is a great way to see the future of what they will do for you, even before you hire them.
Like any good relationship – from a significant other to a marketing agency – it is a two-way street. We are also swiping right trying to find that perfect client fit! If you are ready to start (or end) your search for the right marketing agency, give us a shout!